Hello, this is Aki. I am the founder of the group.
Because we have received many questions, I would like to explain to you the use of the funds.
First, this is a broad list of what the funds will be used for.
• The cost for website creation (1,000,000 JPY)
- Participants can create their own accounts to make the login process easier.
- Posts about upcoming events. (Online magazines, blogs)
- Online forum.
- Pairing system for one-on-one talk during the weekday.
- A place for help on essays and to give presentations.
• Advertising fee (300,000 JPY)
- Advertisements for non-Japanese participants. (Meetup)
- Advertisements for Japanese participants. (Help from influencers.)
• Personnel expenses (100,000 JPY)
- Costs for staff training
- Pay for our staff
• Costs for crowd funding project (600,000 JPY)
- Fee for crowd funding (20%) 400,000 JPY
- Return production cost 50,000 JPY
- Video production cost 150,000 JPY
We are working hard to create the best virtual community in the world for Japanese people and people who love Japan to interact together and make wonderful connections.
To be able to make that happen, we must first make sure that the Japanese and English is perfect for reservations and information about events, make sure we know how many more spaces we have for participants, and create a website where we can guarantee safety for our users.
When we made an estimate, we discovered it would be at least 1,000,000 JPY.
Next, our advertisement costs. Currently, we are not able to spend much on advertising. We are using social media, such as Facebook, to spread information about our upcoming events.
However, that is not enough. We are not able to reach everyone who is in search of a virtual space like this.
We must invest in advertising to make this happen.
Next, I’d like to discuss our personnel costs.
Currently we are operating with volunteer staff.
Twice a week, and also before and after events, we have meetings to discuss how we can improve events for our participants.
We think about how we can make events more fun for people who are not confident with their English by making presentations slides and make fliers for events.
To make this virtual space a much more pleasant experience, we have recently recruited 10 new staff members.
We are planning to recruit and train more staff members.
We would like to thank these volunteer staff members by giving them gift cards.
So, we would like to use the funds to improve our staff.
Next, the fees for our crowd funding.
With crowd funding, we must pay a 20% fee after we reach our goal. Because of the fee, we must pay 400,000 JPY from our goal of 1,000,000 JPY.
To make this project happen, we have received help from movie directors to create our video.
This video is to spread more awareness about our event.
Finally, about the returns.
To thank the people who have contributed to our funds, we would love to thank them by making videos or sending them local products from Kagawa.
We would also like to use the funds for that.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Aki or Fumiaki.
We appreciate your support.